This is my favorite sauce in the world! It reminds me of a nacho cheese sauce and I use it for everything (which is why its referenced in so many other recipes.) It is an amazing potato dip, veggie dip, its great on salads or rice bowls, seriously, you can use this for anything. I could drink this stuff! And I have at times…
Vegan Creamy Red Pepper Sauce & Pasta
- 2 Small Roasted Red Pepper
- 4 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- Juice 1/2 Lemon
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 4oz Pasta (of your choice)
- To roast your pepper, first place oven on broil setting. Place red pepper on the top rack and let roast until it turns black (about 10 minutes). Once the pepper turns black flip it on the other side and repeat this step. Let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Once the peppers are cooled a bit we are going to peel the roasted black skin off. I usually run the peppers under cool water as I do this. You can discard the skins and seeds and throw the rest in your blender.
- Then we will just blend this with the rest of the ingredients until creamy.
- Cook your pasta according to the package, pour sauce over top and add fresh basil.