Pin This Recipe!
This sweet tempura sushi is the type of meal that just really hits the spot.
Are you ready to make these absolutely delicious bad boys?
Here is what you will need.
Sriracha Sweet Potato Tempura Vegan Sushi
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 avocado (optional)
- Tempura sweet potato
- 4 nori sheets
- Bamboo mat
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 450F and then peel and slice your sweet potato into long thin strips.
- Take your flour, almond milk and sriracha and whisk together in a bowl well until smooth. Dip each sweet potato strip into the batter and tap off any excess on the side of the bowl.
- Place each coated piece onto a sheet of parchment paper. Repeat until all pieces are done.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Place battered sweet potato on a baking tray in the middle rack of your oven and let cook until lightly browned (30-40 min).
- Mix your brown rice with the seasoned rice vinegar and set aside.
- Take your nori sheet and place shiny side down on your bamboo mat and cover 3/4 of the sheet with a layer of rice. Place a few pieces of your tempura and avocado in the middle. Roll the nori sheet over the filling and tighten the sushi mat around it as you roll. Wet the end of your nori sheet with a bit of water to make it sticky and roll the nori the rest of the way until you have your sushi roll.
- Set aside and repeat with remaining sheets, tempura, avocado and rice.
- Once you are finished rolling, cut the sushi about 3/4 inch thick, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with wasabi and soy sauce.