Pin This Recipe!
We’ve been playing around with our instant pot so much lately and we absolutely love this red lentil chili.
It goes great over brown rice and we love to put some fat free hummus on top for some extra creaminess!
Spicy Red Lentil Vegan Chili
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups red lentils
- 7 cups water
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 can (6oz) tomato paste
- 1 can (14oz) diced tomatoes
- Prepare and place all of your ingredients in to the Instant Pot.
- Set the cooker to manual and change the time to 17 minutes. Remember to set the valve to sealing.
- Once the time is complete, let it naturally release for 15 minutes.
- If you do this on the stove top, bring to a boil, lower heat to simmer and cover, let cook about 30 minutes or until thick.
The Instant Pot is an electric pressure cooker. We just purchased ours on Black Friday in 2015 and we use it multiple times per day. We absolutely love it and highly recommend it as your next kitchen purchase. We are currently developing an Instant Pot recipe book that will rock the vegan world!