As you all know I am completely addicted to sushi, so much that I make it multiple times a week. Over the last few weeks work has been crazy and I’ve gotten pretty lazy in the cooking department (to say the least) the house is also a complete mess but that’s a story for another day…
So what’s a girl to do when she wants sushi but has no time?
The answer is sushi bowls! Its basically just your favorite sushi roll, thrown into a bowl. I know, extravagant huh? This is probably one of the simplest recipes you will ever make but it totally hits the sushi spot, if thats a thing I don’t know… I guess it is now!
Simple Vegan Sushi Bowl
- 1 Cup Uncooked Short Grain Brown Rice
- 1/2 Cucumber Peeled & Diced
- 1 Carrot Shredded
- 1/2 Avocado Cubed
- Sesame Seeds
- Tamari, Wasabi & Pickled Ginger (Optional)
- Rinse and drain your brown rice and combine with 2 cups of water in a small sauce pan, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook until all the water is absorbed (about 30 minutes). Or you can use a rice cooker.
- While the rice is cooking peel, dice and prepare your vegetables.
- Once the rice is done and has cooled for a bit transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add the vegetables, sesame seeds and whatever else you like on top.
- Serve with wasabi, tamari and pickled ginger if you like.