Pin This Recipe!
Are you tired of driving back and forth to feed your ikea veggie ball addiction? Well we have the answer! These ikea veggie balls are made with all whole plant foods and they taste pretty darn close to the real thing. Try them out for yourself!
Ikea Veggie Balls
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Heat a nonstick pan to medium high heat on the stove with 1/2 cup of water. Add in your bell pepper, kale and onion. Sautée for 10 minutes.
- Add your garbanzo beans, sautéed veggies, peas, corn and spices into your food processor and process until well mixed. Next add in your oats and process again. Your mixture should be slightly sticky but also formable. If it is still to wet add in some more oats.
- Next take about 1/8 cup worth of the mixture and roll into tennis size balls. Repeat until all the mix is gone.
- Place on a non stick baking sheet/parchment paper and place in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Once the time is up, take them out and let them cool for 15 minutes. Enjoy these on their own, in a wrap, on top of a salad or with some mashed potatoes YUM 🙂