I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love a good brownie. It’s everyones favorite decadent chocolate treat that seems to just melt in your mouth with every chewy bite. Most brownies are not very healthy though. They are either made with gluten, eggs, butter and even milk sometimes.
Today I am going to teach you how to make flourless brownies that have no oil, refined sugar or animal products in them. Lets get started!
The Healthiest Brownies On Earth!
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed well)
- 10 medjool dates, pitted (you can also use 1/4 c sugar if you don’t have dates)
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c water
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 flax egg – 1 tbsp ground flax – 3 tbsp water
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Make your flax egg by combining 1 tbsp ground flax with 3 tbsp water, mix and set aside.
- Next take your drained beans, medjool dates, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and water and blend until smooth. If you are having trouble blending, add in 1-2 tbsp more water until it is smooth.
- Next add in your flax egg and baking powder and blend again. Pour batter into a non-stick brownie pan (you can use a muffin pan as well) and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Check at 20 minutes to see if the top is brown and slightly firm. If it is still really soft continue baking 5 more minutes or until done.
- Take brownies out of the oven and let sit for 20 minutes until you cut and serve.