Pin This Recipe!
Buffalo wings, the perfect appetizer and spicy snack! One thing I missed a lot when I went vegan was these babies but guess what? We found an easy, oil free way to make them so that you can eat to your hearts content and no harm to animals was caused in the process.
Cauliflower Buffalo Wings – Vegan
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup of flour
- 2-3 cups unsweetened soy milk/almond milk
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce – we use franks red hot (it’s vegan)
Ranch Dressing Ingredients
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees or air fryer to 350F. Chop your cauliflower in to bite size pieces. You want them to be about the size of a ping pong ball. Add your flour into a large bowl and whisk in soy milk until you get a pancake batter consistency.
- Place your bread crumbs in another large bowl. Next dip each piece of cauliflower into your flour batter, tapping off any excess (it works best using a fork) and then cover with bread crumbs.
- Place your battered pieces on parchment paper if you are using an oven and place in the oven for 10 minutes or until they start to brown and get crispy. If you are using an air fryer you can put them directly in there and cook 10 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked. Place your buffalo sauce into another bowl and dip the wings into the sauce one by one and place back in the oven for another 5 minutes. Once they are cooked they are ready to eat and dip in the delicious ranch below.
- Ranch Dressing Instructions – Place all your ingredients (minus the water) in a high speed blender. Start blending and slowly add in water until you get the consistency you want. Serve with buffalo wings.