Ahh nachos… How can anyone resist them? That perfection of each chip gloriously basked in beans, cheese and salsa. Its like heaven on earth right?
Well the bad news here is we all know that nachos are typically loaded with fat, grease, animal byproducts and lots of other nasty stuff… Trans fats anyone?
But guess what?
Ive got good news as well! What if you could still have nachos? What if there was a nacho recipe that was so healthy, you could eat it everyday, and it would actually be good for you!? Thats right, I said GOOD for you.
Well my friends, today all your dreams have come true.
I present to you the most Bad Ass Vegan Nachos on earth. They are HIGH CARB, LOW FAT & made from all WHOLE FOODS!
Yes, I am a genuis…
But you can praise me another time.
Are you ready to make them?
Here is what you will need.
Bad Ass Vegan Nachos
- Organic Corn Tortillas (cut into triangles)
- 1 Lime
- Sea Salt
- Chili Powder
Nacho Cheese Sauce Ingredients
- 1 Small Red Pepper, Deseeded and Chopped
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 4 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 4 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 Garlic Clove
- A Teeny Tiny Bit of Water
- Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Fresh Pico, Salsa or Chopped Tomato
- Black Beans, Pinto Beans or Any Bean You Like 🙂
- Hot Sauce
- Avocado or Guacamole (optional)
- Fresh Jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 450F, place the cut tortillas on a pan, cover with lime juice and sprinkle spice mixture over top.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until they start to crisp.
- To make the cheese sauce, blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth. You want to use just enough water to get the mixture moving. I usually blend 30-40 seconds and taste. If its still grainy blend a bit more. Place in refrigerator for a few hours or until it thickens (best to make the day before).
- Lay out the nacho chips on a plate and pile all of the nacho ingredients on top and enjoy!