Everyone is always looking for easy simple to make healthy vegan recipes. Going and buying processed vegan treats at the grocery store isn’t always the best option. They are usually highly processed, full of preservatives and high in fat.
In today’s article we are going to give you 5 simple low-fat plant-based vegan recipes that may very well become apart of your daily rotation. Plus we are thinking about eating on the cheap as well!
Feeling like some delicious Indian food? This easy to make dal will leave you feeling full and satisfied long after you’re done.
You’ll have lots of leftovers too.
- 2 cups red lentils
- 6 cups water
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Place all your ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil on the stove.
- Once boiling cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until the dal has thickened.
- Serve with brown or white rice and a sprinkle of cilantro on top.
We’ve been playing around with our instant pot so much lately and we absolutely love this red lentil chili.
It goes great over brown rice and we love to put some fat free hummus on top for some extra creaminess!
Oh yes, you’ll have some leftovers too!
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups red lentils
- 7 cups water
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 can (6oz) tomato paste
- 1 can (14oz) diced tomatoes
- Prepare and place all of your ingredients in to the Instant Pot.
- Set the cooker to manual and change the time to 17 minutes. Remember to set the valve to sealing.
- Once the time is complete, let it naturally release for 15 minutes.
- If you do this on the stove top, bring to a boil, lower heat to simmer and cover, let cook about 30 minutes or until thick.
This bean salad incorporates so many different flavors it will leave you putting it on everything from rice, to tacos or you can eat it like we do, plain, right out of the bowl.
Here is what you will need.
You’ll have lots leftover!
- 15oz Can Black Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 15oz Can Kidney Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 15oz Can Cannellini Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 10oz Package Frozen Corn Kernels
- 1 Red Onion, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
These hash brown rounds are super simple to make and do not require any fancy equipment.
You can prep them the night before and throw them in the oven for an easy and quick morning breakfast in no time.
- 2 russet potatoes, shredded
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Shred your potatoes either using a hand shredder (cheese grater) or a food processor.
- Take your shredded potatoes and toss them with spices and salt.
- Prep a non stick baking tray or SIL Pat sheet and start forming small golf ball size balls of the potato mix. Flatten them with your hands and place them on the tray.
- You should get about 10. Next place the baking tray on the top rack of your oven for about 10 minutes, take the potatoes out, flip and place them back in for 10 more minutes.
- At the very end you can turn your broiler on to get them nice and crispy but watch them closely so they don’t burn.
- Serve with ketchup and enjoy.
Who doesn’t love that sweet and tangy crunch of General Tso’s takeout? No one. What’s not to love is all the fat and oil in a typical General Tso recipe.
This here my friends is a FAT FREE vegan version that will knock your socks off.
- 1 C Flour (any kind)
- 1 C Water
- 1/2 Head Cauliflower Florets
- 2 C Bread Crumbs
- 3 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 Inch Thumb Ginger Minced
- 1/2 C Hoisin Sauce
- 1/4 C Rice Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tsp Sriracha
- Preheat oven to 450F. Take your flour and water and mix until smooth. The mixture should be about the consistency of pancake batter.
- Next dip your cauliflower one by one in the flour batter and tap off the excess. Then dip into bread crumbs until evenly coated. Continue this process until all the cauliflower is covered.
- Place all the cauliflower bites on a sheet of parchment paper or non stick baking pan and bake at 450F for 30 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking we can make the sauce. Prep and measure all of your sauce ingredients and then mix well together in a bowl and set aside.
- Take the cauliflower out of the oven and dip them one by one in the General Tso’s sauce and place back on the baking tray. Do this process until all the cauliflower are covered in the sauce. Place back in oven for 15 minutes on 450F.
- Serve over rice with vegetables and garnish with sesame seeds and a extra drizzle of sauce on top.
Try these vegan recipes out and let us know what you think! 🙂
If you want MORE AWESOME vegan recipes for weight loss on a plant-based diet, check out our epic ebooks by clicking on the links below. PLUS read below for an awesome coupon code.