Pin This Recipe!
Fall is upon us, the kids are back in school and chaos has in sued. Who has the time to slave away in the kitchen these days? No one. Or maybe you’re a college student and not only are you short on time, but also money.
Well this recipe comes in under 5 bucks and takes less than 5 minutes to prepare. Well, minus the crockpot time but throw this together before school or work and by the time you get home you will have a delicious and healthy dinner the whole family will love.
Thick & Hearty Vegan Chili
- 1 Small Onion Diced
- 4 Medium Russet Potatoes Peeled & Chopped
- 3 15 oz Cans Diced Tomato
- 4 Stalks Celery Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Boullion
- 4 Cups Water + Additional (if needed)
- 3 15 oz Cans of Beans Rinsed & Drained (kidney, pinto, black, use what you like or have on hand)
- 1 Cup Red Lentils
- 1-2 Tsp Cayenne
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- Prep and chop all your vegetables, rinse your beans, and add into crockpot. Add in all spices and water and stir well.
- Set timer to 8-10 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. If you are home, check this during the day to make sure it has enough water. If you add in the red lentils and quinoa you may need to add another cup of water halfway through the day and stir again.
- If you skip the lentils and quinoa you should be fine. Serve over brown rice or by itself. This will freeze well or last in the fridge up to one week. Enjoy!