Pin This Recipe!
Who doesn’t love that sweet and tangy crunch of General Tso’s takeout? No one. What’s not to love is all the fat and oil in a typical General Tso recipe.
This here my friends is a FAT FREE vegan version that will knock your socks off.
Here is what you will need.
General Tso’s Vegan Chik’n
- 1 C Flour (any kind)
- 1 C Water
- 1/2 Head Cauliflower Florets
- 2 C Bread Crumbs
General Tso’s Sauce Ingredients
- 3 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 Inch Thumb Ginger Minced
- 1/2 C Hoisin Sauce
- 1/4 C Rice Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tsp Sriracha
- Preheat oven to 450F. Take your flour and water and mix until smooth. The mixture should be about the consistency of pancake batter.
- Next dip your cauliflower one by one in the flour batter and tap off the excess. Then dip into bread crumbs until evenly coated. Continue this process until all the cauliflower is covered.
- Place all the cauliflower bites on a sheet of parchment paper or non stick baking pan and bake at 450F for 30 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking we can make the sauce. Prep and measure all of your sauce ingredients and then mix well together in a bowl and set aside.
- Take the cauliflower out of the oven and dip them one by one in the General Tso’s sauce and place back on the baking tray. Do this process until all the cauliflower are covered in the sauce. Place back in oven for 15 minutes on 450F.
- Serve over rice with vegetables and garnish with sesame seeds and a extra drizzle of sauce on top.