Pin This Recipe!
Are you ready for the perfect fall soup? This one is packed with nutrition while still being creamy and satisfying for even the pickiest eater. Roasted butternut squash combined with garlic, coconut milk and red lentils makes this dish hearty and we even made it salt, oil, and sugar free!
Creamy Butternut Squash Soup – Vegan
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 cups red lentils
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 white onion
- 4 cups water
- 1 can coconut milk
- 8 oz salt free vegetable broth (I use simply stock)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Scrub the outside of your butternut squash until clean. Cut squash in half, remove seeds and place on a baking tray. Take your garlic and onion and wrap in tin foil and place on tray with the squash.
- Place tray in oven and roast the squash for 1 hour or until tender. Take the onion and garlic out after 30 minutes is up.
- Once your squash is done cut into chunks (yes leave the skin on, it’s nutritious) and place in your blender. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the skin, add into your blender with squash, onion, and 4 cups of water. Blend until creamy.
- Transfer this mixture to your instant pot, add in the rest of your ingredients and stir. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. Serve with rice.
- If you want to cook this on the stove top follow the recipe and instead of putting the mix into your instant pot, transfer to a large sauce pan. Bring all the ingredients to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer until thick (about 40 minutes).